1. I like being taken to another world. It’s a form of escapism.
2. I like exploring the inside of someone’s head. Reading a book is like traversing through the maze that is the author’s mind and thought process. I find it fascinating to discover how people think.
3. I love the smell of new books.
4. I love buying books. So I have to read them too.
5. The voice of a book is gentler than any speaker, at least in my opinion. It always speaks at my pace.
6. Books don’t complain when I don’t get it the first time around, or second, or third…
7. Books are free from theatrics , which can sometimes be distracting when trying to learn in a lecture format. On the other hand, it doesn’t matter whether the author is uncharismatic. He/she has a second voice in writing.
8. I’m more open to ideas presented in a written format. If I didn’t have major problems in the first chapter, I’m willing to give it a fair hearing.
9. The way thoughts from multiple books form a (sometimes cacophonous) symphony in my mind is quite amusing.
10. The fact that I’m always a different person by the time I get to the back cover than when I first start a book. Books change my life, everyday.